Once you arrive to the office for your first appointment, please park anywhere in the parking lot.
- Upon entering the waiting room, you do not need to knock on a door or ring a bell. Simply, come in and make yourself at home.
- Your therapist will come and greet you at your appointed time.
- If you need to use the restroom, it is located down the hall.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete the “new patient” professional disclosure packet.
- This will be located on a clipboard on the waiting room table.
- This paperwork details policies and procedures, so that the boundaries are clear between therapist and patient. **It is very important to read and understand these boundaries**
- Please sign those last pages and keep the packet for your records.
- If you are using insurance, please have a photo ID and insurance ID card ready which is required by insurance companies.
At your first appointment, we do not have any additional paperwork other than that, so you are NOT going to have to complete questionnaires asking numerous questions which are personal and intrusive. For most people, it is hard enough to schedule and come to the first therapy appointment, let alone having to document it on paper, to then give it to a receptionist or a therapist they haven’t met. Instead, we rather let a patient tell his/her story verbally to the chosen therapist in session AND in the time frame that he/she feels most comfortable. We pride ourselves on a “no judgment zone” environment, as well as, protecting a patient’s dignity, privacy, and confidentiality.
We are a small practice that also pride ourselves on providing an “at home” office environment.The office is catered to adults in that it is both relaxing and comfortable. Once you enter the office, please have a seat in our waiting room (a portion of it is pictured above). If for some reason, you prefer to sit in your car while you wait, please let us know and we are happy to make that accomodation.
Please help yourself to the complimentary Starbucks coffee bar or tea. During the fall and winter season, we also offer apple cider and a hot chocolate bar (with chocolate chips, peppermint, and marshmallows). We offer free high speed Wi-fi internet, a courtesy i-Phone charger to use while you wait, magazines, and T.V. with remote control to adjust as you wish for your pleasure while you wait –even though your wait won’t be long. You are welcome to bring food and drink in the building and in your therapy session for self care. If needed, we can offer you use of the microwave to warm any food you may bring for your session which comes in handy if you are coming during a lunch or dinner break.